Saturday, June 2, 2012

I love Burnsville 5K Race & Results!!











I love Burnsville 5K race or 3.125 miles. I did it in 24 minutes and 25 seconds. For a Mile time of 7 minutes and 51 seconds per mile.

I was #202 and came in 2nd place in women's 40 - 49. My goal was to get a better mile time and to just place. We'll not sure if I got a better mile time but I did place and come in 2nd. I'm happy.

It was a hard race. I was huffing and puffing and tried as hard as I could. It took me 25 minutes just to fully recover from running.

I did it.. I'm proud I made a goal of mine and now I'm looking forward to the next race. Rosemount Run for the Gold, it's around July 21st. I can compete in a 1 mile and 4 mile race. I already talked to Steve and the goal is to run the mile with the kids, find out my real mile time. Run the 4 mile with Steve at his pace and come in together as a team. A Success for everyone!!!

Burnsville's results will be posted on their web site at www.burnsville.org/ on Monday. I'll have more info on how I did compared to others, # of racers, #of women in my age group, my over all place number etc.. Looking forward to seeing all the results!!

Note: 23min & 10 sec would have been my exactly 3 mile time. Add another 7:51 seconds on to that will be about my 4 mile time 31 min, 1 sec.


RESULTS:
Total of 139 people ran the race
84 were women
24 were in my age group 40 - 49 years old
I placed 7th in women
22 people (men & women) came in before me
I placed 2nd in my age (40 - 49 years old)
The woman that came in 1st (before me, in my age group) ran 1 minute and 21 seconds faster
The woman that came in 3rd (after me, in my age group) ran 2 minutes and 2 seconds longer

*Another note: Last September I ran in the Heart & Sole 5K race around Como Lake my time was 25:24 for a 7 min & 56 sec per mile. I improved my time by  running 1 whole min faster over all.. a huge improvement over last years run 8 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment