Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Little Sore...

I'm a little sore in the mornings. My legs are stiff and my body aches. I take 1 Excedrin just to help with the aches. Stretching helps loosen me up. I do a series of stretches that last about 15 minutes. It feels great to stretch!

It is not hard getting out the door for me to run. Running has too many benefits and I don't even consider not running. It's just something I do and I plan for it every day.

I can tell you.. I know the first few steps are the hardest. It hurts my legs and body..It takes about 3 minutes for me to relax and feel pain free. It takes a good 15 minutes before my body feels great running and I'm in the running zone. After 30 minutes.. I could run on but I'm usually at the gym at this point.


It's a little easier starting back up running after I lift weights but I still have those first few steps that I feel the pain and aches. It doesn't last long.. a minute and I'm back to feeling fine running.

I'm not sure my body will ever not feel the initial pains with starting off. Seems no matter what kind of warm up I do.. it still takes those first few minutes of running to really loosen up.

I'm happy to report... it doesn't last.. the pains go away and you start feeling great. After my run.. I cool down... I sit instead of stretching again. My body gets stiff and the aches and pains come back. I feel old walking as I can't go fast. This too will pass and I'll be back up to speed.

So, don't give up with a little aches and pains as it's all normal. Or at least it's normal for me and a lot of others I talk to. It will pass so keep going and keep pushing through the initial pain because it's all worth it..

No comments:

Post a Comment