Sunday, June 24, 2012

Breakfast is Served!


I have a great husband! Today, after my run, I came home to find sitting beside my cooling off chair out front, a plate of fresh fruit:  strawberries, blueberries, red grapes and 2 bananas. It was such a nice gesture to find breakfast waiting for me and such and un-expected surprise. I had mentioned the night before, we were out of bananas and I needed to go to the store, so I would have some thing to eat after my run this morning. I completely forgot last night, but not Steve. He went out to the store and bought me my favorite breakfast.

As for my run this morning. I decided to run to the gym and then workout with the weights. After, I ran home doing my new running loop. I haven't been working on speed or even keeping my heart rate above 141. I just ran... ran to enjoy it, ran to get fit.

This week # ___ running totals are in 49+ miles this week. Zero biking. Not sure how much weight lifting as I'd have to go back through my records to figure that out but I'm guessing 3 hours or less in all.

I managed to run 6 of the 7 days this week, with one long 11.22 mile run but on the average I ran 7.22 miles per day. I didn't do any short runs this week.. nor quick as they were all leisure miles. Not training this week.. giving myself a break and time to enjoy just running.

No comments:

Post a Comment