Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Emotional morning

I was surprised to see it was still close to 80*F at 5:30am this morning. Nothing like having a hot and sticky run.
 
 
I had one of those emotional mornings. I was thinking about how I'd feel finishing the 1/2 marathon, crossing the finish line and I got all teary-eyed. Not sure what brought that on this morning while I was running?
 
 
I ran to the gym and no Steve! It took me 35 minutes to run, so I didn't understand why he was not there. He knows I need my water as I'd rather die of thirst then drink from a water fountain. He picks the hottest, most humid day to forget me! I was dying of thirst and was drenched with sweat. I was so mad.... I waited and waited.. then I called Steve and he was at home. It took him another 10+ minutes to get there. I was steaming mad by that point. I go to tell him why I'm so upset and then I get all teary-eyed again. It just brings back all those emotions as a kid of being forgotten. I go through all the emotions, wishing some one would come, mad no one is there, angry they forgot me, sad no one is showing up, then relieved when someone finally comes. I forgive easily and unlike my parents, Steve at least apologized. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he won't do it again knowing it's an emotional button for me. Oh but what a draining morning. So much for my rest day to feel more refreshed running. It obviously had the opposite affect.



No comments:

Post a Comment