Tuesday, June 12, 2012

13 Miles!!


I can do it!!! I ran 13 miles this morning.

It was a great morning around 55*f cool, sunny and perfect for running. I didn't start my morning thinking I'd run 13 miles. I started thinking I'd run to the gym, workout with weights for 30 minutes in which I did. I ran home another 3.61 miles and then after a quick water break, I decided why not run 4 more miles. When I was almost done running the 4 miles I figured I was sooo close to 13, why not run the 1.5 around our neighborhood and just do it!

I felt good. I ran slow.. the first 3.61 I ran in 35 minutes, the way home it was 37 but probably due to stopping for the light, the 4.0 miles and the 1.5 took me 55 minutes for a total time of 2 hours and 7 minutes or a 9 minute and I think 45 seconds. It was a slow run but one I could easily do. I didn't work my heart stayed around 131 - 134 for most of my run. Not working too hard.

I really want to run it again tomorrow.. maybe not stopping to workout with weights. Just do another 2 minute water break then run on...

I always make sure I can get home in 2, 3 or 4 miles. This way if I need to stop for water, bathroom break, or any pains/aches that won't go away I have an out. I also let my family know when about I'll be home.. I want a search party to go out sooner then later if I don't show up when expected. I might have to do a trail run on that one just to make sure they know I want them to drive and look for me. It's more for an injury. At least that's what I tell myself.

YEAH ME!!!! Looking forward to running this 1/2 marathon..

No comments:

Post a Comment