Monday, September 17, 2012

Fabulous Figure

I was at the gym taking my belongings out of my locker when the woman next to me came over and told me I have a fabulous figure and I was an inspiration to her to workout every day. Wow... a complete stranger coming up to me. It was nice to hear and gives me more motivation to keep going. My class instructor also told me on the first day of class, I had a really nice figure and looked great. So nice that all these women notice my hard work I've put into changing my body.

I'm hard on myself. I see a photo and notice the skin coming over my pants and making it look like I have stomach fat. I know it's mostly skin but I hate that it's not tight and firm. I'm always making sure my pants are  up high enough to smooth out that bunched up skin but I don't always get it right. I'm not sure anyone but me notices this. I should let it go...

To change your body, you have to make lifestyle changes. I gave up pop and now only drink water 99% of the time. I eat more fruit and veggies. I exercise every day for at least 30 to 60 minutes or more.

I have good days and not so good days.. I am sometimes tired, it's hot or cold, raining or snowing outside. I push on..

If you want that fabulous figure.. it's work but work that pays off. I have my health. I can look forward to aging and being able to do anything a younger person can do. I want to be able to move and keep moving my body to stay fit and healthy.

I was super angry the other day at a comment. I should ignore the downers. I was told that the Rugged Maniac was not healthy to do. I think of it in terms of.. you see a fat/over weight person eating a banana and tell them why are you bothering eating healthy fruit? All the while you are downing a bag of potato chips. So who's the one trying to be healthy? Or you can't walk because of the extra weight and your telling me.. I'm hurting my body by running up a mountain when I've been training for 2 years, all the while you've been sitting on the couch? I won't go there.. I just ignore the ignorant..


No comments:

Post a Comment