Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Is It Time?

I woke up at 4:30am when Steve got up to get ready to workout. I had made the decision the night before to sleep in and run instead when it was light outside around 6:30am.

I don't think the extra sleep helped, as I just laid there thinking when can I get up? What will the weather be like? What is the temperature? Is it going to be too windy?

Finally 6am.. I got up.. not as easy as I thought it would be. I felt somewhat lazy for laying in bed the 2 extra hours. I still went through the motions, got dressed, had my caffeine and 1 Excedrin with 3 almonds and some water, washed my face, brushed my teeth, put a little cover up under my eyes and gave myself a coating of mascara on my eye lashes. I grabbed my socks and shoes then went to the porch, on the carpet to stretch my legs. I always love the stretching part. It helps me prepare mentally for working out. It loosens up my body so I don't have a hard start.

I was having seconds thoughts about getting up 2 hours later when Steve walked in and was done working out. I checked the temperature.. not bad 55, I would warm up quickly..

Out the door I ran.. 4 miles around our loop. While running, I decided I wanted to go to Lebanon Park and run 2 more miles around the lakes on the dirt path. The weather was perfect and I felt great!

I don't know how often I hear about others wanting to workout. Everyone has good intentions to do something. You know that exercise is important. It's just how to get yourself to do it. People have plans and then something comes up or they don't feel like doing what they set out to do.

No one said it would be easy. My advice is.. don't think too much about it. Just wake up, put on your shoes and go. Get a journal and write down what you did for exercise, cross off every day you workout, which should be every day. Set up a non-food reward system to keep you motivated. Get someone else to do it with you. Listen to music or something to keep you interested. Join a gym where you will meet others and they will look forward to seeing you. You won't want to miss a workout if someone there is looking for you.

My next step.. to lose 5 pounds. How will I do this? Write out now what I will eat for the day and stick with it. I will give myself some room for changes in the plan..

I figure I can eat 2100 calories a day and maintain. I just need to cut 500 of those calories to lose a pound a week.

B-fast: Cinnamon pop-tart 350 calories (not the best choice but no bananas today)
Snack_ stop at the store and buy bananas (2 med) 200 cal
Lunch - Veggie soup, cauliflower and ranch dressing (2tbsp) 400 cal
snack - 1 slice of b-day cake (the last slice and yes I want it!) 350 cal?
dinner - undecided.. whatever Steve cooks.. (600 cal)
Snack - carrot sticks and ranch 2 tbsp. (100 cal)
Total calories = 1950.. Well, I'll be down 150 calories and burned 650 from my morning running and another 250 from working..

My goal is to eat more veggies and fruit. limit junk.. I'll do better tomorrow when there is no more cake in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment