Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sun Rise..

Ran at Sun Rise this morning. I loved it.. foggy... deer crossing in front of me. A quiet calm morning.

Today was my first day of getting up at 4:30am.. It won't be light outside until 6:30, dawn around 6:20am.

I had one of those "it's too early moments", I put on my workout shorts in-side out and couldn't figure out why they seemed different. I clearly was not awake.

We drove to the gym after our morning 15 minutes of stretching, and got on the machines.. the cross ramp. Boy did time go slowly. I went forward and backwards.. tried to watch the news and remembered I had forgotten to bring along something to memorize for my class. ugh!!!! After 4 miles, and 433 calories burned, I went to lift some weights and kill time until it was light enough outside to run home.. it seemed to take forever to get a tiny bit light. I figured I had about 25 minutes before I'd need it to be day light so I could cross a busy intersection safely.

I decided tomorrow.. I'll bring a light and hold it in my hands as I run for extra " here I am". I don't want to get run over.. by a car that can't see me. I want to make sure I can be seen! I also thought I could run to the gym, Steve can just drop me off after he crosses the busy street. It's safe the rest of the way but will be dark. Not so sure I like dark but it would be fun to try running in the dark... with a light.

Or I could run the 3 mile loop around the gym and back in the dark then run home when it's light out. I guess there are other options now.. Time to try it out..

No comments:

Post a Comment