Thursday, September 6, 2012

Weight Training..

I have my 2nd weight training class tonight. We meet in the Wellness Center and will work on a total body workout. We did workout #1 with machines last time in class and now we get to do #2 with free weights.

I use the machines on a daily basis so I'm comfortable for the most part with the ones I'm most familiar with. I can't say that about free weights. I use the dumbbells and that's about it and occasional use the long bar.

It will be good for me to learn other ways to use weights to mix things up and not have to do the same weight lifting routine over and over again.

Today was another morning to run in the dark, before dawn. I played it safe and just ran 15 minutes from the gym. Maybe tomorrow I'll run farther away? I still get the same workout, with making up the 15 minutes on the cross ramp and running home at dawn. Soon the weather will get cooler so I have a plan to bring a change of clothes that are dry. I'll need dry clothes for the run home to not cool down too much. I just need to be prepared!

Classes are going well for the most part. Lots to memorize and keep up with.. I'm doing okay.. doing a little each day and reading a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment