Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Not wanting the day to start.....

I laid in bed thinking... I just want to stay here. I don't want my day to start.

Sound familiar? Some days are hard... some days are busy.. some days you look forward to the day, while others you don't.

It's been hard getting out of bed... It's dark outside. I have to run indoors. I have to get up at 4:30am and I need to go to bed at 9am or I'm tired in the early afternoon.

I do look forward to my morning stretch.. It feels good to stretch.. It helps to wake me up along with some much needed caffeine. It takes a good 30 minutes before I'm fully awake and ready to workout.

Yesterday I posted the words "reversibility". Cardio endurance is the first to go when you stop working out. It takes as little as 2 weeks for it to go down hill... Muscle strength takes a bit longer.. maybe a month before that too declines to the point of no returns once again.. well, not exactly.. you can start anytime once you stop but it's a lot harder to keep starting and stopping.. just keep it going.

This morning as I was working out.. I thought about abuse.. physical, verbal and mental... I think we've all experienced some form of abuse in our lives or witnessed abuse. I can't say I've been a victim of physical abuse but verbal and mental.. YES!!!

Working out is a great way to put things in perspective. What happened in the past, is the past. I will move forward.. I am a lot stronger and I do not see things the same as I use to and I got away from the verbal abuse. Verbal abuse tears you down.. and mental abuse just messes with you forever... I can't seem to break free from the mental abuse.. Silent treatment... letting me go.. unexplainable..and too much pain to comprehend.. or want to.. there is no excuse and I need to break free... free my mind from the abuse...



No comments:

Post a Comment