Sunday, September 23, 2012

To Rest or Not?

I choose to not rest. I workout 7 days a week and I like it. I very rarely give myself a day off from exercise. I need it. I need to exercise to eat and stay fit.

Am I over training? Some days when I feel less then motivated I give myself less of a workout. I might only run 4 miles instead of 6 or lately instead of 7+ miles I've been only doing 6 because I've been inside. My running miles are a lot lower since I started class. 37, 45, 18.2 miles, and this week 37.2 total miles. Just because I didn't run, doesn't mean I didn't do some other form of exercise to make up for the lack of miles. I biked, I did yoga and more strength training or I was on my feet all day working or volunteering.

There is a balance you have to reach. I was able to sleep in this weekend 2 extra hours until 6:30am. I some nights stay up late 10pm past my 9pm go to bed time. I read for fun, I still have time for family, friends and fun things in addition to working out, work, and homework.

I'm not happy with the amount of sitting time with doing homework and studying. I'm going to try going to the gym more and biking while I study. I have a lot of studying to do to prepare for a 5 chapter test on Thursday this week. I will still run, bike, work and study.. a lot to do.. a lot to fit in.

Why oh why did I think it would be fun to take 3 classes? hum...........????


No comments:

Post a Comment