Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Firm Up!

I workout almost every day with weights to firm up. There are people who will say, that you should not lift weights every day, that your body needs a break only, lift every other day to repair the muscles that have been broken down.

I give my muscles 24 hours after I workout to rest. That's plenty of time. I never over do it on weights. I only lift a small amount 15 to 20 minutes most days of the week and one day a week I lift for 45 minutes (during class-full body workout).

I use to notice changes when I first started lifting weights. Mostly in my arms. They are more defined. I still have that little bit of under arm flab. During class last week, I learned a new dumb bell exercise to target that area of my triceps. I was assured, I would notice huge improvements quickly. I'm hoping this is true, but the only way to figure that out is to do the exercises every day until I do notice.

Most of firming up is slow, you don't notice the changes because they are so small. After lifting for almost 2 years now. I do see a big change. I still have areas I want more firm but over all, I'm pretty happy with my progress. There is a point where I won't be able to get any more tone or firm without stepping it up.

I take weight lifting as more stretching my muscles. I don't work them until I'm sore. I just lift to maintain and mostly for my abs to help keep my stomach from sticking out. It's a never ending battle...

I tell myself every day.. keep working out... never stop... It's never easy.. there are many years ahead.. I want to be fit.. I can do this.. I will do this.. I feel good, I am healthy and I am fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment