Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Water

Water.. how much do I drink in a day? Your suppose to replace fluids lost during exercise. That amount varies with person to person but the recommended amount is the same. I'd have to look up the amounts but I think it's 20oz.

I don't know how much water I drink during the day. I re-fill my 12oz water bottle before I have a chance to completely drink it. I do this several times through out the day. Water is the only liquid I drink 99% of the time.

If your thirsty, you are already dehydrate. There is also something called Hyponatremia, or water intoxication, that is worse then being dehydrated. That's drinking too much water. I'll list the symptoms: headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, frequent urination and mental disorientation. It's caused by drinking too much water and not having enough sodium in your body, which leads to water logged blood. This can be bad for the brain.. swelling.

I should keep track of how much water I drink in a day. It will be a good "project" for me to know how much, oz I drink per day. I'll start tomorrow. How will I do this since I re-fill before I empty? I'll have to make a few changes. Carry 2 bottles and drink them all before re-filling and record on the frig the 3 of times I re-fill. I should have an answer come Friday!

Today was a rain morning. It was just a little light rain but I didn't want to be wet when I got the the gym. I didn't want to change clothes and I just wanted to read/study this morning. I changed up my whole exercise program this morning! I biked for an hour, burned only 345 calories and went 12 miles up and down hills. I was still sweating, learning terms and reading a chapter for class. So, I accomplished a lot and used my time wisely. I'll have to go back tonight and finish reading the chapter so I don't fall asleep before I finish.

Busy day ahead.. work, running errands, participating in a UofM nutrition study. (will comment later on the info) and meeting with a new customer, studying and sleep.. But first things first.. I did my exercise for the day. 1-1/2 hours.. accomplishment done!

No comments:

Post a Comment