Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kind of Freaky

It was a little freaky running in darkness early this morning. I had Steve drop me off at Wilderness Run road, just a 15 minute run to the gym. I wanted to run closer to my destination the first time I run in the dark.

I forgot to turn on my Ipod and start my timer on my watch until after a few minutes had passed. I did bring along a head lamp that I strapped around my wrist that lights up the path and keeps me safe. Believe it or not there were two other people out walking at 5am. I'm not sure I like passing people, when I can't see them clearly. The very wooded path of Wilderness was also kind of weird since there are no houses on parts and just a lot of park with thick tree cover. I felt like I was running much faster then I normally do.

My run home was a bit better. The sky had a faint touch of light coming up so it was a little lighter at 6am. I ran all the way home in 32 minutes. When I reached the busy road it was light outside so I didn't have to worry about not being seen. I'm still careful knowing some people are not paying attention.

Tomorrow.. I'll run again in the dark.. have Steve drop me off right after Cliff Road to run for 26 minutes to the gym.. and I'll be running all the way home..


No comments:

Post a Comment