Saturday, September 8, 2012

Internal Clock...tick tock


I have one of those super Internal Clocks, 99% of the time I never need to set an alarm. I automatically wake up way before my alarm ever rings. I am constantly checking the time throughout the night. Sometimes I'd like to be able to turn off that clock.. I can't.. Doesn't matter how late I go to bed, I will never sleep in more then 10 minutes max. It's not always a good thing. I don't sleep well and never sleep through the night.

So here is it.. Saturday morning.. I'd love to sleep in but my mind and body is wide awake. It's too early to go for a run or drive to the gym. The gym won't open until 7am. It doesn't get light enough until 6:15am. So I sit and wait..

This past week, I've woken up hungry every morning. I'm not sure why? I never eat before I run or workout so by the time I eat a breakfast it's 7:30am or later. Maybe my stomach just wants a few almonds. I eat about 4 almonds every morning to help wash down my 1 Excedrin and 1 caffeine pill. I hate to admit that I take 2 pills every morning. The Excedrin is for my aches and any pains. My back always hurts and my legs ache. I feel stiff in the morning and it helps me loosen up and one does the trick. The extra Caffeine is the Excedrin is also a plus, helps really wake me up and adding in another 60mg of a only caffeine pill is the boost I need to get out the door and want to run. I don't think it's harmful to my body. If I was a coffee drinker I'd be getting even more caffeine then in that one little pill.

A friend of mine wrote me a nice e-mail. She said I inspired her to start exercising again and she feels great. It's true.. if you start an exercise plan, Don't Stop!!! It takes time before it becomes something you like to do every day. It's not always going to feel the same every day. Some days you will look forward to exercise and others you won't want to do it. This trick works.... tell yourself.. I will just get up, stretch and then go walk, run or whatever you do to get fit for 10 minutes. If I still don't want to exercise and am not feeling it.. I will stop! It's that simple. Even if you do find yourself stopping and crawling back into bed after 10 minutes of exercise. You will have done something.. not stopped completely, you made an attempt which is better then nothing. You will never regret the time you spend exercising. It carries over through out your day and in everything you do.

Exercise carries over from the moment you finish and feel a sense of accomplishment. You burn extra calories that will help maintain your weight and allow you to  eat that pie. When you get dressed, your clothes fit and feel better. You feel stronger and more capable. You might feel tired some days but most  days you have more energy. It helps turn back the internal clock.. feeling young again.. Like I could and can do anything I set my mind to. It also helps you focus, keeps you from lingering depression or sad thoughts. Exercise can make you irritable a little if your over working your body. I just get in an afternoon nap when I'm feeling cranky which is seldom. I do know when I'm over stressed and need down time.

An hour to go.. feeling a little tired.. might try to sleep again. I just need to fit in a run before we need to leave for soccer today at 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment