Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Active Metabolic Training Fitness..


I was hooked up with a heart rate monitor, mask and tube to collect the CO2 I was breathing out. The test started with me walking on the treadmill for at 3.0mph for a few minutes. Then increased to 4.0, 5.0 and finally 6.0.. Now comes the fun part.. I'm running... then the incline is adjusted, 2.0, 4.0. 6.0 and 8.0... now 8.0 is tough running at 6.0mph.. I lasted about 12 minutes total doing this test and I think it was a mile or close to it.

What did I find out?

I am well above average for some one my age in vo2 max or my metabolic engine.. how I burn calories.

I did find out that when I run for an hour every day... I'm working out harder but burning mostly carbs.. not fat. So to switch my body up and have it burn more fats.. I need to change my workout.. Not work harder but work slower. Sounds crazy.. but I'm told it really will work and in 8 weeks if I follow this new workout plan, I can increase my speed and burn more fat! Sounds good so far.. but still crazy...

Here is what my MAX heart rate should be in each zone

Zone 1 82 - 92
Zone 2 92-121
Zone 3 121-150
Zone 4 150-151

My new workout program has me do more training in Zone 1 and 2 which means walking.. I run mostly in zone 3 where my heart is at 131.. I don't like the thought of walking more but if I burn more fat, feel less hungry then it might just work. 8 weeks is a long time to follow this..I'll still do my normal workout and then go back for an additional hour and follow the program at night.I'm starting tomorrow.. today, I'm doing more rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment