Monday, November 12, 2012

Snow.. here we go again


Snow.. good and bad.. Not  sure I'm really ready for it or maybe it's not the snow, it's the cold 20*F. I am excited to cross country ski once again this winter. I just hope we get enough of it.

Stepped on the scale today and I gained another pound. What is going on?? Okay. I need to get serious. Sure, I skipped working out yesterday but only because no one showed up to unlock the doors.
I doubt I could gain a pound in one day but there it was on the scale today. It just keeps creeping up and up.. I could have worked out yesterday but I made the decision to take a day of rest. I should fit those days in once in a while or at least 1x a month.

What it takes to lose a pound is just a deficit in calories you take in for the day.  What if I just concentrated on taking in 500 less calories per day. I could make that decision before  I ate a chocolate.. I'd save 100 calories for the day. Not eating the extra slice of bread.. another 100.. I will just keep track of what I give up for the day instead of keeping track of what I eat.. or maybe do both. Yes, both sounds better and I will see how that works.

It's been 2 years now that I've been a regular at our gym and working out daily. 2 years of being fit and healthy. It sure does feel good. I'll never make excuses that I'm too busy to workout, I'll never say I don't want to go.. I think I'll skip it. I won't ever stop. Stopping is not an option..

I have more computer issues today. The cursor wants to jump around on me and go back a few words and I have no idea of why? It sure makes typing this difficult. I did fix the nano/micro issues with the font/page getting smaller and smaller and now this! grrrr..

No comments:

Post a Comment