Saturday, November 3, 2012

Goals.. I know I have some?

Where are my goals? We are reading a chapter in Sports Psych about goals. So far this is the chapter I'm most interested in reading about.

I do have goals, but a lot of the time I lose site of them. It's easy to say I want to lose weight and come up with a plan then to not follow through. Maybe Goals are kind of like a diet.. when you say Goal.. it's like saying diet and how long does anyone really stay on a diet? It has to be more of a life choice. Choices you make. To eat another slice of pie, to exercise or sit on the couch. To eat veggies and fruit or to down another slice of bread or cake.

I need to look at goals as how I want my life to look like. If I see me being healthy and that includes eating less or just really concentrating on eating veggies and fruit if I'm hungry instead of grabbing what ever is easier. Those are the goals I need to set and change for me.

No this idea of mine was not in the book as far as I know.. I have not read enough. I just know saying the word goal, writing it down is as good as forgotten. I need to do what I did when I lost weight. Just make it a life changing choice and stick with what works.

I don't think of exercising as a goal I need to accomplish every day. I think of it as something I need to do and want to do to maintain my fitness level, and maintain my weight. Ultimately it is a goal..an accomplishment.. but like a diet.. I want it to stick not be something I do for a few days and say great! I accomplished my goal, Now I don't have to do it any longer.

So what are my goals...or life changers..

Run the T-day race 1.3 miles with my kids..
Add in afternoon exercising this winter.. x-skiing
Eat more veggies and fruit.





No comments:

Post a Comment