Saturday, November 17, 2012

Get Going! WinO


There is nothing worse then waking up with a headache. It was a sort of wine, dehydrated, slept in later kind of headache. I really wanted to run outside this morning. I was thinking about running outdoors all week, just waiting for Saturday morning. I stayed out too late last night, and had wine with a few shots. I was guaranteed to have a bad run today.   I sure did take my good old time getting out the door. I did not pre-think what I would wear. It's always good to figure out your clothes for the weather the night before. Less to think about the day you want to run and less to stop you from coming up with yet another excuse to just skip it this one time. Oh, I could have skipped my run because my head hurt. I could have skipped my run because I couldn't figure out what to wear and besides it's 40*F, cold!

I posted the other day that I didn't have a plan.. I do have plan.. it's a mental plan. I have a mental plan for working out every day.

Here's my mental plan today..

(before the run) Go slow.. no need to run fast.. Dress in layers...thin layers, do just 4 miles and see how I feel, you need to burn off that burger and wine... plus, if You don't go, I'm sure to gain more weight and I need to lose 8 pounds not gain more. Plus, I know.. after I'm done running.. I will be sweaty.. and feel great! ....(during the run) I feel pretty good. I should run our neighborhood too. I will drink some water, take a short 3 min break and head back out the door to run another 1.5 miles. I will burn at least 150 calories more..

So I put my mental plan to the test...out the door I went.. slowly.. dressed in layers, with my ipod and broken heart rate monitor.. (needs a battery, I think?).. and off I ran down the street. Wind in my face, making it hard to breath.. Funny how the first 9 minutes never feel good. It must be a magic number because every time I go for a run, I seem to always check my watch at 9 minutes. It's at the point where I am starting to warm up, it's feeling easier to run, I've put some distance between myself and my starting point....

There you have it.. I was wrong thinking I would have a bad day at running. I never would know that I could run...if every time I thought I can't do it because of such and such.. you can come up with a million excuses why you can't do something. Prove yourself wrong and do something when your over tired, when you  think don't have enough time, when it's too cold or too hot outside, or your head hurts, foot is sore, back hurts.. or anything else you come up with to not take care of you.. put one foot in-front of the other and get going!




No comments:

Post a Comment