Thursday, November 29, 2012

Zone 2, The Fat burn...


Day 2 of the Fat Burn.. I had to workout in Zone 2, which means my heart rate (yours will be different based on your resting heart rate) will be at (92- 121) I did go up to 122.. but really tried to stay at 121 the whole time only dropping to 119 a few times but mostly I had to watch my heart rate monitor to make sure I was not going over and working too hard. I still was sweating, I still ran 6.0 miles but it took 61.3 minutes and I burned 700 calories of which I hope are mostly coming from fat instead of only simple carbs that your body quickly burns up. It's those fat stores that are hard to get to and use up.

I have to say.. after my workout today, I feel less tired then I usually do.. I don't have that exhausted feeling.

Tomorrow, I get to be in  Zone 3 above 121 to 150 for 1 minute, in zone 2 and 1 for 2 minutes each. Lots of variety... and lots to keep me pre-occupied  while I workout on the cross ramp. I realized yesterday that walking on the treadmill really hurt my toes. I can get a better workout on the cross ramp.


No comments:

Post a Comment