Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday....


Thankfully it's Friday. Did I have a tough week.. well, no.. but I'm looking forward to the weekend even if we have nothing planned. Well, I always have my workout planned. I really want to run outside and have been looking forward to it all week long! I'm hoping the weather cooperates or I'll have to go to plan B..

Today's workout was kind of a plan B.. Seems everyone likes to workout on a Friday. Extra bodies at the gym and on my cross ramp. Oh well.. I was going to run on the treadmill today anyway.. Figured this was a good opportunity to try out that new cardio workout.. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and back to 5. The planed workout did not go as I thought. I should know better.. Nothing can be done all at once. You can't go from walking for an hour and expect to run a marathon the next day. I had good intentions to stick to this workout and I really thought I could do it.. So here's what I did do...

6.0mph for 5 minute warm up, 6.5mph for 1 minute, 7.0 for 1 minute and back down to 6.0 for 4 minutes.. Then I realized.. I was doing no incline. I switched my workout to Random.. which is an incline up to 1.5 and back to zero.. up and down at various inclines throughout my workout.. So I kept doing that same workout.. I never got past 7.0... I only ran for 30 minutes. My heart rate was at 141 max.. and held around 131 most of the time.

After 30 minutes of running on the treadmill, my feet felt sore on my right foot. Not sure what was going on?? Since the machines (Cross-ramps) cleared out of people.. decided to go back to what was familiar and what I enjoy the most for my cardio..

Gave my toes/foot a rest and went backwards on the Cross ramp at 15 incline and 9 resistance  (random). The machine only goes up to 20 for incline and I think 20 for resistance? I've never gone past 10 on that. All this is pretty boring if your not a runner and don't do cardio but I am so it's part of what I do..

I will pass on this.. if you do want something funny and entertaining to read.. you must go to this blog.. I just found it a week ago and this woman makes me laugh. At www.shutupandrun.net/

I also read this blog..  www.iowagirleats.com/  she is the one I copied the workout for the treadmill. She has lots of great exercises and cardio workouts to try. I'll keep trying and doing more and more to mix things up.

Forgot to mention.. the type is getting smaller.. not the font.. my computer screen.. Wow.. have no idea of how to fix this mess but I must touch something that keeps making it micro small.

I broke out of my normal b-fast.. I had eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment