Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weekend Workout


I went to bed early last night and woke up at 4am to a very loud BOOM! Thunderstorms in November.. how strange! Outside did not look good for running.. I just drove myself to the gym and decided to study for my test while running the cross ramp for my hour. Random..setting, 8 resistance and up to 15 for incline. I did forward for 15 minutes then backwards for 43 minutes and finished the last 2 sprinting forward to finish my 6.0 miles and burn 700+ calories for the day.. Did  some heavier weights.. Abs.. , arms and back... off to home I go because I'm hungry and its 9am..

I seem to have a better workout when I have something to do while I exercise. Studying helps me focus on something other then just running. It just seems a lot easier to memorize while I run. Now to do more studying to go over it once again to see if I can recall what I just learned the last hour.

Breakfast was a challenge today. We only have very ripe bananas. I like the more green ones.. off to have a few pepperoni.. not a great choice but we are out of ham which I really wanted today on a bagel.. I'm still hungry!!!!!! Oh, and I ate 2 pumpkin pop-tarts. Healthy choice.. I know...

Every workout ask yourself these questions..Circle what describes you right now after your workout.
Refreshed - 0,1, 2, 3, 4
Calm  0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Fatigued 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Enthusiastic 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Relaxed 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Energetic 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Happy 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Tired 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Revived 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Peaceful 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Worn out 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
Upbeat 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

0 = Do not feel
1= feel slightly
2= feel moderately
3= feel strongly
4 = feel very strongly

Score:
Add up the totals for the following
Positive (# 4, 7 & 12) =
Revitalized(#1, 6 & 9) =
Tranquility (#2, 5 &10)
Physical Exhaustion (#3, 8 & 11)

Keep track over 4 to 6 weeks daily and track your results..

My results today were:

Positive = 5
Revitalized= 6
Tranquility=7
Physical Exhaustion=0

I printed a copy and glued it to my I will get fit log book.. I plan to do this assessment every day to see how my mood varies over time... My prediction is that I will probably have similar results every day..

No comments:

Post a Comment