Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More Miles..Please


I'm trying to control my weight.. or rather trying to lose what I've gained. Yesterday was a beautiful November day, 60*F. I needed to get out of a cloud that I was in.. not sure why I was feeling blah? After I was done working around noon, I ran the lakes. Just 2 miles but those miles felt great! To be outside.. to run hard and enjoy the nice weather and the woods. It made all the difference today.

I had a great morning run, I cranked up the resistance to 10. I usually do 8 or 9 and hardly ever do 10 and never for 30 minutes. I feel so much better today. While the scale showed no signs of losing weight it at least held steady. I will continue to run my 6.1 miles in the morning, adding 2 miles or more in the afternoon.

I think since I had been running 7+ miles all summer long outside, then going down in miles that's one of the reason's my weight has been creeping up. 100 calories a day less adds up over 7 days.. 700 calories I was not burning for the week.. Time to get back to burning more.. doing more for me and feel good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment