Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trail Run

I ran with a friend from school today on the trail around Lebanon Park. The same trails I ski every winter but we ran it in reverse. Now that I know I can run those trails and what to expect, I'll run them again. It was nice.. love the dirt path and nature all around. It made for a nice run.

It was also my 2nd time running with someone other then in a race. She is about the same pace as me, but maybe somewhat faster. Which is good. She also is all about stopping, checking the maps then running on. I never allow myself to take walk breaks but it was good. I need to do more of that because it really does refresh you and gives you more energy to run longer.

Time also passed quickly with someone to run with. I enjoyed the hour long run with company. It was great to make a new friend and have someone to run with on occasion. While we have different running goals, hers more to compete against herself then others but likes to do half marathons and even full.. I'm more in it to win in my age group but also to better my own time. We both now are thinking of doing a dual-talon or even a tri in the spring. Its nice to know she also is new at this and it might be nice to do it with a beginner too! We can help figure it out together.

Running is one of those solo things to do.. While it's nice to have someone to run with, its also nice to run alone. A good balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment