Sunday, November 18, 2012

Who Will Run With Me?


I slept in today... almost 8am.. That's unheard of..2 days in a row of sleeping in..

It's my day to run outside, the 4 mile loop and an extra 1.5 around our neighborhood. The weather is nice..50*F, over cast and a little windy but in all.. a great morning to run outdoors. I ran slower this morning 4 miles in 39.3 minutes.. then the 1.5 in 13?? No need to rush.. I just wanted to enjoy the run and make sure I put in my time running since I was not going to be running 6 miles.
I told Celina and Logan this morning that they are going to have to start running every day. I want someone to run with me. I even suggested they ride bikes along side of me.. then I realized the bikes were put away for the winter and they were not ready to go so I'd have to wait. I'm not patient when I want to leave to run.. I need to go.. wait much longer and I start to get frustrated and who knows if I'll feel like going at all.

I wanted to make Steve into an outdoor runner. I wanted him to enjoy it as much as I do. We could run every where together. Nope.. his knees hurt too much.. and just does not enjoy it like I do. I have to settle for him to run on the cross ramp next to me each morning.

I know plenty of other women that run. Some run every day, some run once in awhile. I sometimes think it would be nice to have someone to run with on occasion or at least 1x a week. I hear a lot of times.. I'll slow you down or I don't run as far, or I don't run that early in the morning. All those things are true. I don't really want to run extra slow for someone. I don't want to wait until later on in the day to run, and I want to run farther then 2 miles. It's just easier to run alone. I can run for as long as I want. Where I want, when I want and have time to my own thoughts.

I do plan to start up a running program. I would like to be able to earn some money running with beginners or once in a while runners. It's not to replace my alone running times. It's to add to my running for the day. I can run slow, later in the day and enjoy some running company plus, maybe get paid. But I'm just wondering... who will run with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment