Friday, November 30, 2012

Can't Even Stick With it!


Isn't that the truth! How many times have you said.. I can't even stick with it!


It's not what you are thinking... I can stick with exercising.... I know I can do that, because I have to! What I don't have to do is stick with a running workout plan. Here it is Day 3 of my new cardio workout and I'm already cheating. I didn't start off thinking I'm not going to do this.. It just kind of happen while I was running.   It's really, really hard for me to keep my heart rate under 92 in Zone 1.. It was more like 115 or higher. I found it easier to just stay around 125-127 for my heart rate then any lower. I had to really concentrate on slowing down just to stay at 121-122. Not easy! I was suppose to be in Zone 1 for 3 minutes, Zone 2 for 3 minutes, and Zone 3 for 2 minutes.. Well, I skipped right over Zone 1 and just did 2 & 3 alternating back and forth. I'm pretty sure I get enough exercise in zone 1 throughout the day. I'm just going to concentrate on slowing down a bit and doing more in Zone 2 since 99% of the time I run, I was always in Zone 3.

I did stick to the plan of getting my hair cut. Today was the first day I could try it out in a pony tail and see how much my hair got in the way while working out. Not too bad.. I'm liking the new style.

In class my instructor said the only way to change your body is through resistance training. I think it's cardio but when I do compare myself to other women who don't lift weights I see the difference. I am more tone and firm.. little to no cellulite. Is that from cardio or weights? It's not genetic because when I was 50 pounds over weight I had plenty of cellulite all over.

I need to take this advice and start doing more resistance training. It seems to be getting less and less each day. I only have so much time in the morning to lift weights after running for the hour. I'm lucky to get in 10 minutes which is not enough time. I did finally try a resistance program I liked. It's called a pyramid. The weights you are lifting goes from lighter to heavy. Starting out at 12 reps, then 10, 8 and 6.. Each set you increase the weight. This is the same for all muscle groups. Might just stick with this plan.. See if I notice any changes. Maybe instead of more running.. I should go back to the gym later on in the afternoons and just lift weights. Do my full body workout? More muscles, equal more calories burning all the time. I would love to up my metabolism even more. This does not mean I'll look like the hulk woman. Women can not get huge muscles. I will just get more firm and compact. Which is what I'd like. No more jiggle, jiggle. So don't worry.. I have no plans to take steroid and look like a man and sound like one. Not the look I'm going for.



No comments:

Post a Comment