Saturday, December 1, 2012

Later Still Works


To sleep in on a Saturday morning felt so good. No pressure to get to the gym by 7am for fear of all the cross ramps being taken. This is a weekend of running outside. Good thing it's a nice weekend for December 1st. It was only 39*F when I ran at 9am (really late for me), no wind and cloudy the perfect conditions for a good run. The only big decision was how to dress? I wore my new fuzzy inside leggings.. which I love! A tank top.. and 2 thin jackets with hoods. The outer jacket is more like tent material or thinner . just enough to break the wind and keep the rain from getting me soaking wet. I wore it more for another layer to take off that was light weight and would not bother me much after I took it off and  wrapped it around my body. I didn't even make to the 2nd lake.. 10 minutes into my run and I was already taking off layers.. first the hat, then the wind breaker jacket.. soon followed by the other jacket.. so I was running in a tank top with mittens on my finger tips. I determined it was best to just carry my mittens in my hands to keep my finger tips from getting cold. It provides just enough warmth to keep them at a nice temperature. I'm almost tempted to make or buy those weird arm covers, they are kind of like legging but for the arms.. just because I'm always a bit chilly and I think that's what I need. Why not just wear a long sleeve shirt? I might if it had a build in bra top like my tank top because it has to keep all the wires in place for my ear buds.

So how was my run? I ran at the park.. love the park.. love going around the lakes and seeing the chipmunks, squirls, geese, birds, dogs and other walkers/ runners. It feels great running on a dirt path instead of hard road. I do have to run a little on a cement paved sidewalk but not for long.

I tried hard to stay in Zone 2.. not much luck.. my heart rate was around 125, 127 and sometimes 130.. but for the most part, I tried to run slower. I tried to follow the new cardio plan as much as I could. It's not that I try to run fast. It's just what I do when I'm not thinking about slowing down. I did feel better, not so tired and  I really did enjoy the run a lot more just by slowing down. While it was more challenging than I thought and I still didn't slow down as much as I should have. I felt great, like I could have kept going for longer then the hour. I ran 3'x around those 2 lakes and headed for home.. After all.. it's the weekend and I have french toast with maple syrup, and home made hash browns waiting for me.. 1 hour of running and 6 miles is plenty..

No comments:

Post a Comment