Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cross Country Skiing.

Oh how I love to ski! The woods, the cool crisp air.. just doing something different and loving it!
Yesterday was the 3rd day in a row I was able to cross country ski. Heaven...
I realized after 30 minutes into skiing that I didn't even bring my ear buds. I didn't even miss them! Although today I'm sure to bring them along with my heart rate monitor. I've been skiing for 45 - 60 minutes per day. I travel about 3 miles and that's just because of the un-plowed trails. Although, yesterday I used my old skis/boots because of the blister from my new boots. I did notice I slipped back a lot with my old pair. Maybe my new skis are better? hum... need to check this out again today because I sure did have to work hard to go forward on those old skis without slipping back.

Best part! I actually feel some quad soreness. I hardly ever feel sore in my legs, abs or arms so its always nice to feel something from my efforts. I'll take the semi-soreness just to know I'm working it!

On another note.. I talked with a school adviser yesterday. The guy is the head of the fitness program I am enrolled. He doesn't have much of a personality.. maybe from working with students too long? hum? Any rate.. found out that I need to have at least 6 credits so it won't work to just take my Anatomy class in the fall.. it's only 4 credits! Ugh!! So.. now I decided to just get it all done this winter. I already know a lot of anatomy, muscles, skeletal,  heart, lungs, digestive, CNS, PNS.. might as well continue to build on what I already have memorized and learned! So here I go again.. no break.. less class as I'm just going to do my CPR/First aid 1cr.. then my practicum.. 1cr... maybe 2cr and then Anatomy. I might have to take another class just 2 credits in some other certificate.. maybe advanced personal training? hum?? thinking about it? Okay.. before I get ahead of  myself.. 3 more finals to go.... Thursday.. Monday and Tuesday! Yikes.. and no post yet for grades on my test yesterday! Grades are in!!! I got the 3rd highest score.. an"A", I still want to know the ones I got wrong.. so I don't get them wrong for the ACE exam test. I need to take that ASAP! Along with CPR/First Aid..

Update on skiing today. Nice.. warm.. but the snow is melting! I won't be able to ski tomorrow.. and I'm not happy about that! It's truly a love-hate with my new ski's... I love my new skis.. Hate the fact my right heal hurts in my boots and I have a blister. Not loving the way my feet hurt in them.. Might have to check out new boots.. not happy about that.

I did talk with a volunteer trail skier. I want to do this next winter. I gave my name and e-mail address. I'll also need cpr/first aid with this and put in at least 25 ski hours, with 2 events helping. Sounds like fun and I'll be able to do it next winter!!




No comments:

Post a Comment