Friday, December 7, 2012

Running for Dummies...


just read a post from one of my favorites www.shutupandrun.net about how new runners make all these dumb comments. I too was one of those dumb didn't think I was a runner.


  •  I had no idea of a marathons distance....how many miles is it?
  • Didn't know that you had to qualify to run the Boston Marathon
  • Didn't know how many miles were in a 5K, 10K
  • Didn't know you needed real tennis shoes with backs to run and laces.
  • Didn't understand why runners had black toe nails and why they would keep running after experiencing this. 
  • Didn't know how you could get a runners high..
  • Didn't know there were crazy obsessed people out there loving running and only wanting to run. 
  • Didn't know how much people really get into races until I was in one. 
  • I had no idea how to be called a runner..what I needed to do to qualify myself. 
  • I just didn't know much I had no clue on.. and I'm still learning but I've come a long way...

No comments:

Post a Comment