Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pick Me Up..


I knew this morning my mood would pick up.. I do not feel the same as I did last night. I know exercise/running is the best mood enhancer, a legal drug and treatment for feeling down and out. No therapist needed. Everyone has moments where they feel down and out.. life stresses, the holidays and the news lately. How can it not affect your moods. 

I had my Pick Me Up this morning.. an hour on the cross ramp.. going at it hard.. with my heart rate in Zone 3... averaged HR 131 while I studied for the ACE Test. Time flew by.. and I feel great! I didn't have much time again today for resistance training. I did lift heavier weights and I did as much as I could with the time I had. I'm not sure of my resistance goals other then always work on my glutes.. I want to get rid of the last of that cellulite.. little dimples.. I have been working on my 2 cheeks since summer. I'm sure there is some improvement but not enough. I need to work harder/smarter. I noticed another exerciser using the equipment that I do every day. She had a different way of lifting weight and when I tried it.. it worked more of my glutes then normal. I know.. squats are the way to go.. but I don't love them or like them.. so I found this other way to target my glues but not as effective. This new technique might be the answer. So I'm on day 2 of holding the weights out in front of me... while I have to squeeze my glutes. It's sort of like this but hold 15 pounds straight out in front of your body instead of just holding your head. I'll report back in a few months if this is actually working??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment