Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Having MY Pie..


I was under a lot of stress these past few months. I cut back on my work schedule.. (making less money) and added 3 classes. This last week with all that has happened in the news plus, all my finals.. I've been reaching for the pie. Some how I think Pie is what calms me.. or cake.. or candies or cookies. Sure exercise does the same thing but when I have a massive headache.. feel tired and just done... I reach for my comfort foods. While I don't plan to stay on this self destructive path of eating a bunch of crap and thinking that's the way to calm myself.. right now.. I want it.. I want my Pecan Pie and cake..

The pie did not take away my headache.. it did not make me more focused. It did add extra calories and it did not provide any nutritional value with the exception of those yummy sugar coated pecans.

What I need to do instead of eat pie.. is to focus.. focus on what I want to accomplish with the rest of my day. Here's my plan or what I could do with my afternoon

- Bake Christmas cookies
- Make my forms (new business/book)
- Take a much needed nap
- Sit on the Internet and get nothing done
- Wrap gifts
-Clean my house
- Read (anything for fun)

The two things I want to do.. go to the library and pick up all the magazines  running and diet books that I have not been able to read in the last 3 months.. Spending the rest of the day reading and napping.

What I"ll probably do.. surf the Internet for a while.. take a mini 30 min nap and then work on my book. Plus, I know shopping will have to be done tonight.

But right at this moment.. I'll have my PIE..... and just relax..

No comments:

Post a Comment