Thursday, December 6, 2012

Health


Our health is everything. It's easy to ignore when we feel great. We don't even think how much it matters until you are sick.

I'm happy to report, I feel better today. Not 100%, but still better and on the mend. I actually worked out today on the cross ramp for an hour. I made sure to keep it easy, not too much resistance and slow to keep my heart rate under 121 for most of the time. I had company today while I ran. I had another women I know run next to me and we talked the entire hour. Thankfully, the time went by quickly.

Even being sick I was still hungry. I wanted Ice cream last night sooo much. I thought about getting myself a bowl from 7pm to 9pm.. I resisted. I could have written a whole blog page last night just on how much I wanted that ice cream. How hard it was to resist. Instead of getting ice cream I did some homework, watched TV and spent time on the Internet. It's funny how certain times of the day we crave specific foods. In the afternoon and evening I want sugar. It's my comfort food. It's what I think I need to calm me.. I need to change my thinking and start craving healthy fruit instead or popcorn.. anything to stay away from candy, cakes, cookies and ice cream.

This is to be continued.. it's another night ahead and we will see how I do without sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment