Saturday, December 15, 2012

These Boots Were Made For Walking..

Bye bye old cute ski boots..
I gave up on my cute x-ski boots yesterday. I tried them one more time and realized no matter how many band aides I put on my heal and how much I want them to feel good, they just won't ever. My right boot feels weird and something rubs awful on my outer heal. I want to love these ski boots, they are white and so pretty. I just was in too much pain to continue and I know how important our feet are. I experienced this same thing with my running shoes. You can't just go by how cute a shoe is... you have to try it on, pick the best shoe for your foot and ignore things like cute or not so cute.

I was really counting on getting some fresh snow today. I knew it was going to rain but I thought I heard the rain would turn into snow? Guess the weather people are wrong again. I rushed out yesterday just to switch my ski boots today in hopes I could ski. I did get new boots.... I don't love the way they look but I sure love the way my feet feel just walking in them. This is sure to be a good sign for when I ski.

I hated the fact, every time I went out skiing I would not be able to last more then 45 minutes. I wasn't tired, it was my feet were hurting so much I could no longer stand any more. I'm now excited to go try out my new ski's with my new boots and see if this is the winning combo. I now have to wait and not sure if there will be any snow left once the rain is done. Tomorrow it just look colder so no chance of snow. I'd really still like this rain to turn to snow.. Here's for wishing..

Just a note.. what's your resting heart rate? Mine is between 38... and 43/44.. (really low!) A healthy low!!

What's your favorite winter sport? Mine.. obviously x-skiing.. I'm down 2 pounds this week from the extra miles I've done just skiing for fun! Yippeeeee..

No comments:

Post a Comment