Thursday, December 13, 2012

Melting...


The snow is melting so fast. It was 40*F yesterday and into the evening. I'm guessing we lost half of our foot of snow just from yesterdays warm up. I really noticed the melting when skiing. There were a few more brown spots where the dirt/ground was taking over my ski trail. I still purchased a trail pass yesterday in hopes we get more snow. The pass has already paid for itself as I've gone out 4x's since it snowed on Sunday. I just would like to see the pass be a better value for my money and I want to ski! I really wish I had looked into volunteering as a ski patrol sooner.

The local park, Lebanon offers yoga every winter. They probably have it throughout the year but January seems to be the month I like doing yoga. It's just 5 classes.. 5 weeks long... Yoga always seems to make me sleep better. I just take the beginner class, more breathing, relaxing.. holding and learning new poses. 

Running on the cross ramp has been easy ever since I switched up my program after that cardio test. It's a lot easier running in Zone 2.. keeping my heart rate below 121. I still have to concentrate to make sure I'm going slow enough but I have more energy, feel less hungry and don't feel burned out from working out. Yesterday, I stayed in Zone 2 for 45 minutes, the last 15 I just felt so great, I ran hard and got up heart up to 141, Zone 3..4.. I've been doing zone 2, I think over 2 week now.. so I'm seeing results in my energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment