Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Going Banana's!


I'm still sick today. Feeling a little bit better since going to the doctor and getting some horse pills.. well antibiotics for a bad sinus infection. They do look like horse pills.. huge.. but I'm not complaining because the way I felt yesterday I would have swallowed a cupcake in one gulp to feel better.

I got up this morning all ready to workout.. Steve just said really? Don't you think it's best to take one more day of rest? Here's my thought process... I felt better then yesterday.. my teeth didn't feel like they were going to fall out of my mouth. I could breathe.. Still had a headache, still sneezing and my face still hurts.. plus my body aches.. I took some Excedrin, hoping that would kick in and I'd feel 100% better.. Nope.. all I did was lay on the floor, in blankets trying to stretch and realizing once I started coughing.. it's probably not a good idea to workout. I need to save my energy for working today because I can't take another day of rest. I got lucky yesterday and could change my schedule.

I am going a bit bananas not working out. It's always on my mind. I want to go run to burn off the calories I'm eating and to stay fit. Plus, I don't want to start on a path of not going. I don't want to start talking myself into thinking.. Oh I will just run later on today. Because later on comes and goes and I don't feel like working out. It's just never a good idea to save it for later! It's only okay to do that if your getting extra exercise in addition to your normal cardio/resistance.

You would think being sick.. I'd lose my appetite.. not the case.. it's just that food doesn't really taste as good. I attempted to stop at the store yesterday for my favorite fruit.. bananas. I couldn't even bring myself to go into the store. I felt and looked awful.. I drove right on by even thought I knew today I would be wanting my bananas. What do you know.. there they were.. waiting for me.. my banana. Steve had picked some up at the store yesterday. Does he know me or what?

So while I feel like I'm going bananas today by not working out.. It's good for me.. I need the rest and I will be back at it tomorrow. Healthy and able to workout without hacking up junk or sneezing all over the place. I'm sure everyone will thank me and my germs for keeping them away.




With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Eleanor Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment