Friday, December 21, 2012

Water


Our bodies are made up of 50 to 70% water. A necessity for human life and /or just plain old life to exist.. It's so important to stay hydrated and especially in hot and cold weather.

I know all these things.. that I should drink at least 20 oz of water.. Drink before, during and after exercising. I have this bad habit of just drinking a tiny bit in the mornings. Enough to wash down 2 pills (Excedrin/caffeine) and 3 almonds. I wait to drink until after I have ran for an hour no matter how thirsty I am (A sign of already being dehydrated if your thirsty). I wait until after I've weighted myself.. then I drink as much as I want.

I learned the hard way in the half marathon race. I really do need to stop, drink water and then run. I would have never made it to the end of the race had it been a warm day. I need to train myself to drink more before I workout.. and drink during and after. I think it's time to work on this part of my race training. I need to do it  on a daily basis to get use to doing something that's going to help me preform and feel better.

How and what is my plan? I'm still going to drink little when I wake up with my almonds.. I'll just weight myself right when I get to the gym instead of after I run.. This will allow me to drink and run, not to worry about the extra oz of weight on the scale. I also will stop running while I drink for a few seconds and get use to the feeling of stopping and starting.. I'm always afraid if I stop.. that's it.. I won't be able to get the same momentum going once again. With training and a few adjustments to how I workout.. when I drink water I should see an improvement in my workout training. Seems like common sense but as you can see.. it's easy to start going down a wrong path due to weird reasons..

No comments:

Post a Comment