Saturday, December 1, 2012

Food For Thought


I was reading Prevention magazine the new issue yesterday. There was an article about how you think of food to make better choices.

Here's an example.. Say your tired and hungry for a mini Snickers. Sure.. it's going to taste good and you really want it.. but you might not want to eat that candy bar if you change your thinking..

Snickers = energy crash and burn... . that's right.. the 2 seconds I'm actually eating that candy bar I'll feel satisfied but no sooner then I finishing downing it.. and I'll experience a sugar level crash.. It will zap my energy and so I might just reach for another candy bar to prevent the crash.. only the crash will be much bigger once I come down from that sugar high..

Apple = Fiber my body needs, so sugar to satisfy my cravings and it's still a healthy choice. It will give me energy and if I eat another.. then I'm getting in more of the fruit my body needs every day.. at least 4 to 5 servings a day.

You can pretty much do it for every kind of food. Just think of how your body will respond to that food.

Bread.. fills you up, but won't keep you full for long so you need to eat more and more just to stay full and not hungry. Plus.. do you really need all those carbs? Sure.. have some but choose something that's going to keep you full.

Some thing to think about.. now go make your Food for thought list.. Conquer those self defeating eating habits.. and start thinking about your food in a new way.. what your body really needs and how it's going to respond to what you put into it. You might not reach so fast for that candy bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment