Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Phase Are You In?

What Stage are you in?


Pre- Contemplation: You know the health benefits of exercising and know you should exercise

Contemplation - takes you up to 2 years to start exercising, you do it once in a while

Preparation - at least 3x a week for 20 minutes

Action - Exercising at least 6 months, 3x a week for 30 minutes or more.

Maintenance - You've been exercising for 5 years on a regular basis 3x's a week for at least 30 minutes, You're going to be a life long exerciser. You do it because you enjoy it.

RELAPSE - Can happen any where along the stages.. What to do if it does happen. Have a plan.. know there will be challenges, you won't always want to exercise and plan for this time.

I hope to reach Maintenance. I have 3 years to go. I'm to the point where I enjoy exercise and look forward to working out each morning. It makes me complete and it makes my day complete.
I don't have a plan for relapse because it's just not going to happen. Even if I'm injured there are exercises you can do to let your body heal and work other areas. If I ever get to the point where I can no longer run, I will swim, bike or lift weights but I will do something.

Today my day is already looking up. I feel refreshed and 100% better then I did yesterday. It's a new day. Forget about yesterday and move on and forward. Start fresh.. feel good and just live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment