Friday, November 2, 2012

Discovery...


I've discovered the foam roller! Who would have thought!!! Runners have tight "I, T" Bands along side their legs and tight hamstrings/Quads. You lay on this hard roller and go over it until you find a spot that hurts, hold it for 10 seconds and find another.. It hurt,s but feels good. I felt loser and felt more stretched just after trying this foam roller. It's great on the back, sides, glutes etc.. I have to get one..

Steve was not sold on this foam roller until I had him try the one at the gym. Now he's a believer. Off to the sporting goods store we go today.. Can't wait to see changes in how my legs feel in a week, month etc..

2 years ago.. I started working out.. 3 days a week at the gym and now every day.. 7 days a week. I lost the 50 pounds, started working out to maintain and I've done just that! I've been recording my workouts in my fitness book for 45 weeks now.. I've made huge personal goals. Done things I never thought I would, ran races, came in 1st place, ran a half marathon, biked, skied, mountain biked, gone back to school, worked out every day, run outside for miles, eating more fruit and veggies..

What's next?

More races, more eating healthy, continuing to go to the gym, continue to attend class/school to get a certificate in personal training, continue to push myself towards new goals and get out of my comfort zone. Figure out what I love in life and go after it. I can do anything I set my mind to! I've proven it! I can and will do it!!!

It's time to discover what you can do! Go after your dreams.. think big.. and just do it! Don't wait!!



No comments:

Post a Comment