Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bike My Buns Off


The past 2 days I've been biking to the gym. It's only 3.5 miles to the gym and 3.5 miles home for a total of 7 miles. It takes 20 some minutes to do one way.

I was surprised at how easy biking felt even on the hills. I remember last year huffing and puffing up those same hills. It has to be from all the Crossramp I do every day. Who would have thought?

It does feel good to get in a 20 minute bike warm up before I run on the treadmill or climb up hills on the cross ramp. Biking doesn't burn as many calories, aprox 300 for 40 minutes. I love that I don't need to use the car and I get in a mini workout before the workout and after.

Do I feel sore? My legs are just a bit tired feeling after almost 2 hours of exercise, but it doesn't last. I feel good, no soreness. I could use an afternoon nap!

Total for week 12 my miles (includes running (treadmill & outside), cross ramp, and biking) = 70.1.. almost my highest total ....

My weight is up slightly from my all time low due to too much salt last night for St. Patty's Day. All is good.. .I will work on it again today and tomorrow. I want to see the weight drop more this next week. 1 pound or 2 would be great for the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment