Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weights.....



Lifting weights is suppose to boost your metabolism throughout the day. It build muscles and make you more tone.

I do about 20 to 25 minute of weight lifting every day. Sometimes I skip a Saturday or Sunday if I do extra running or if we are super busy and I have to get home.

I start by doing 10 ab crunches, with 70 pounds of weights. I don't rest much other then to move from one machine to the next. I do another ab machine that lets me tone up my right and left side abs and then the middle. I lift 110 pounds and do 10 to 15 on each side. I've lately increased the amount I lift and do less reps.

I go to a leg machine next where I sit in a chair and lift both my leg straight out. I vary the weight from 50 to 55 pounds. I feel the burn and 10times is enough for me.

I move on to my shoulders and arms.. I do 30 pounds where I pull down the weights from chest height down. The other where I'm pulling down the weights I do anywhere from 27 to 37 pounds. I switch back and forth between the 2 machines to give my arms a rest.

I do another type of exercise where I lift my legs and it tones my stomach. The only weight is my body weight being hoisted up off the ground. I do this 15 times with my legs bent and straight.

Now on to my favorite machine. I just call it the back recliner stretch. I lift 130 pounds and roll back and forth. It feels great!!

Back to the ab machine where I lay on my back, arms over my head and lift up 70 pounds, back and forth 15 times. I follow up with leg stretches and am done. I could close my eyes and take a nap right there.

Feels good to be done...... Guess we will see if all my toning pays off.. maybe some day I'll have a 6 pack! lol..... If only! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment