Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Can't Believe It!!

This is my first weight loss blog post. "Run, Run Your Buns Off" is exactly what I did this past year.

On April 15th, I officially started running 7 days a week. Sure I was running, but only 3x's a week and doing a lot of cross country skiing. When the snow melted, I had to look for other options to stay fit and on the right path to weight loss and maintenance.

This last year I was a daily exerciser at Fitness 19. I don't even consider not going. It's just not an option in my mind to ever skip a morning workout. This last year, I haven't had any days where I don't want to workout. I know that sounds like an almost impossible statement, but it's true. I worked way too hard to shed the 50 pounds I had gained from the birth of my 2 younger children. I carried that extra weight around for 10 years!

I have to admit, I haven't gone to workout at the gym all 365 days or this year 366. We took a few vacations where I was unable to workout, but I managed to find other things to get exercise such as walking, hiking, swimming..etc.. I'm sure if I add up all the days missed at the gym, it would be less then 20 including a day where I was too sick to go and a few days to recover from vein surgery and back procedures. That's not a bad record in my books. It's not like I said, okay.. I'm just not going to do it today because "I don't feel like it!". I have to always feel like going!

I have my fitness support system. I'm so very thankful to have a husband that also is on the same path to fitness. He wakes up Monday - Friday at 4:30am, tells me he is tired but always goes with to workout. I love how we can do this together. I enjoy his company running next to me, knowing we are on the same path.

No comments:

Post a Comment