Friday, March 23, 2012

Vacation & Stress

Okay so how do you go on a vacation and still maintain your workout & weight-loss?

Not so easy is it? Well, you have to pre-plan exercise into your vacation. You have to write down how and when your going to fit in your workout. It's important to visualize yourself on vacation taking the time to workout and eat healthy.

We are going on a mini vacation this Sunday, so I won't be able to go to the gym before we leave for our trip. I will miss my morning run. I don't see an opportunity to get in a run on Sunday unless I go in the evening after we have dinner. That might be my best time to get in a 6 mile run in the hotel fitness room. So, in taking the time to think when I'll have the opportunity to get in my workout, it makes it more of a possibility. Working out in the evening after dinner will also help me make better choices for my dinner. I won't workout if I eat a big meal so this will help me eat less.

I'll be getting into a swim suit this weekend, so that also will help me in making good food choices. No need to eat a lot and just make my stomach stick out! If I eat less, no need to suck in my stomach the whole day. I'll bring healthy snacks to avoid the junk food they sell at the concession stand.

Monday, on the last day of our vacation, I will run early in the morning in the hotel fitness room. I'll have time to shower and then go eat b-fast with everyone around 8am. We will be off to the waterpark again and in the afternoon we will get in a 3 mile hike in the woods at a State park. If we get home early enough and it's still light out, I could even go for a run.

Vacation is all about finding time to getting in exercise and not going over board on treating yourself to "vacation" food. Oh sure, I'll do the buffet, but I'll look at all my options before I dig in. I'll figure out what I really want to eat, have just a taste. The foods that I want to try but aren't so great, I'll just take a bite and leave the rest. No need to clean my plate. One of my favorite things about a buffet is to try all the desserts. We all share them and just have a bite. This way we have it all and don't have all the calories.

An update on my weight-loss. Today I weighted in a pound heavier then yesterday. ugh!!!! So, it's up and down I go but mostly down... Guess it was a fluke yesterday.... ??? I won't give up.. I have my goal of 129!!! I've got until August 19, my daughter's wedding to take all the weight off and reach my goal. I hope to do it way before then and maintain but only time will tell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment