Monday, March 12, 2012

Don't Kid Yourself!!

It's easy to be in denial. I was in denial for years about how many pounds I had packed on. I thought I looked fine. Ha!

I'd avoid photos, seemed every photo was an unflattering angle. That should have been a clue to my weight getting past the point of being okay. I hated trying on clothes. The clothing sizes kept going up and up... I reached a size 14! I looked like an over stuffed sausage without a waist and a growing neck or necks! I was solid! A Solid 50 extra pounds of fat!

I was watching the Biggest Loser this past winter. There was a challenge for the contestants to put back on all the weight they had just lost with a weighted vest. They all had to run carrying that extra weight. It looked tough!

Steve and I were at the store and I noticed those same weighted vests, boxed at 20 pounds each. Just to see how 50 pounds felt, he loaded my arms up with 2 boxes. I couldn't believe how heavy that made me feel just sanding with that extra weight and I still had another 10 pounds to add to that. I could not imagine trying to run carrying that weight.

I was also in denial over the weekend. Thinking I could eat fried foods, a candy bar, ice cream and cake and not see the results on the scale. Sunday, my weight creeped up a little then today by a whole pound. I'm hoping (denial again) it was just the added salt. I need to stop kidding myself about what I can and can not eat to lose the last few pounds!! Moving or not every day does not give me permission to eat whatever I want!!

No MORE DENIAL. .....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment