Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Get Real With Weight!

I'm getting real with my weight!

I do weight myself every day at the gym. I've read that people who are successful weight loss and maintenance all weight themselves at least a few times a week. When I weight myself, I have all my sweaty gym clothes on, tennis shoes, Ipod, heart rate watch/strap all of which I figure weights about 2 pounds give or take.

Since I'm doing  a fitness journal, I have to let everyone know my weight. Just not my low, but my high too for the day. Weight is just another number in recording progress. It does fluctuate a few pounds every week. Every day I see a different number on the scale. I do have a pattern after weeks of recording my weight, it always stays in the same range. Some days I'm happy and other days I wonder what the heck! It never discourages me from keeping going with working out. I know that staying in the same weight range is a good thing. Especially when I've been at the all you can eat buffet table a few days in a row then binged on cookie dough and ate like a horse! lol...  Weighting myself every day most of all keeps me honest with myself and in check if I need to really stop eating like a horse or have a day where I don't reach for the cookie dough.

Well, running kind of gives you permission to eat more sugar and still maintain. It's not helping me lose the last bit of weight by always eating something sooo yummy. I can't seem to stop lately and I don't want to give up my little cheats here and there. If I really do want to get serious about those last 5, I will have to let go of my sugary treats!

Okay, so from now on... good or bad.. I will always put my weight on the top or bottom of my journal log.
I'm starting at the bottom today.. at my heaviest weight for the week (hopefully)?? 138.9 It's not exactly 134 where I was last week, but not far off either. I just have a few more then 5 pounds to lose today! Ha! Well, tomorrow or the next day I could be down 2 pounds and that's just the way it goes for a daily weight in. So, I don't take the scale too seriously knowing in a day or 2 days from now I could be right back down to were I started at 134.

I am okay with 138.9 since I was at 188 back in July of 2010. My heaviest ever in my life other then when I was pg. I think with baby in all I might have weighted that. Well, there was no baby weight in me at that time so I had zero excuse to be that heavy!! My body fat would have been at 29% YIKES!!! No wonder I looked like a sausage with a growing neck! Well, that's all gone and gone for good!

It is hard being 100% honest! Sure..! I'm only cheating myself if I can't be honest with all... So, I'm getting real and more real every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment