Thursday, March 22, 2012

Not Feeling the LOve....

I'm sooo not feeling the workout love this morning. It might be the weather. The gym seemed extra warm today and I just didn't feel that surge of energy I usually get. I never had that pep in my step and I still don't. I just want to crawl back in bed and shut my eyes.

I'm blaming the weather or is it just me being a bit tired. Months, Weeks and days have they taken their toll on me.. am I hitting a burn out wall? I hope not! I'm guessing it was from over doing it yesterday...

Here's what I did...

Morning: (Same old same old) Cross ramp - 6.5 miles, followed by 20 minutes of weights, cleaned for 1-1/2 hours, Afternoon: ran 4 miles outside (up and down hills), Evening:  biked to the gym 3.5 miles and walked on the treadmill 1-1/2 hours for an additional 6 miles. Total miles yesterday..... 20! That's the most EVER!!!

Do I need a break? Nope... just won't be doing as much today for working out. I'll just be glad I did my morning workout. Any thing extra is always a bonus.

The good news? With all this extra working out.. I am feeling the love of the gym scale!! I'm down 2 pounds today from yesterday. Of course it could be mostly water weight. I was soooo thirsty I drank the whole 16 oz water bottle in what seemed like one big gulp! Guess, I'll find out tomorrow if the scale was just teasing me.. or if it really is true!!

I do know that I really watched what I ate yesterday.. here's the run down..

Morning: 3 scrambled eggs
              2 slices of toast with butter and jelly

Noon:  1/2 c. rice, loaded with fresh salsa
            1 large sweet potato
            pinch of cookie dough ---- ;0(
            1 large banana

Evening: 2 large bananas
              small bowl of wheat thin crackers

Snack:  handful of smoke house almonds

I'm guessing I burned over 2000 calories yesterday in working out so it probably canceled out what I ate?


No comments:

Post a Comment