Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Run, Run Outside!

Yesterday was the first day of the year where it was nice enough to run outdoors. 60*F!!

I did a quick stretch and ran out the door. I was going to run a route in our neighborhood that I've determined to be exactly 3 miles. I had good intentions to run the whole 3 miles. I do 6.5 miles in the gym and sometimes 9.5 miles so 3 should be no problem.

We had so much snow melting it created streams of water all over the paths. I usually run the path behind our house 2x's. It was so much work dodging all the water, ice, branches etc.. I just didn't want to do it again. I pulled something in my calf muscle on a puddle jump, so I was already feeling the pain.

I did run for 20 minutes and it felt good. It was a strange feeling running on pavement. Almost like I was floating on the ground. I'm so use to the machines and using force to push me ahead that it was effortless to push off the ground.

My neighborhood run has a killer hill that I have to go up. It's pretty much right after I start my run, so I get it out of the way sooner then later. It gets my heart pumping fast! I need to find a running trail where I can go for longer then 3 miles and not having to climb up a hill that big! Some where safe and at least 4 miles to 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment