Saturday, October 6, 2012

Do Something Every Day That Scares YOU!

Yesterday while reading another fitness blog, I came across this bit of advice that was on a magnet "Do something every day that scares you". Good advice to live by, and since it's October...the month of being scared (Halloween). Why not start finding ways to scare myself into doing things out of my comfort zone.

Going back to school to become a personal trainer was a huge step and something completely out of my comfort zone. I had not been to school in over 17 years or more. I am on a journey to start yet another new business, Personal Training or fitness and diet coaching. I work every day toward that goal of mine to complete that certificate and pass the ACE exam.

What is going to scare me today out of my comfort zone?

I ran.. well, I did the cross ramp for 1 hour, going 6.3 miles. I decided to run in the cold as a practice run for next weekends 1/2 marathon. I did another 4 miles out in the cold.. in my practice clothes. I ran 10.3 miles total.

I also tried out my new sports bra/running top that is moisture wicking plus, tried a new shirt that also is moisture wicking and will give me enough protection from the cold ,but keep me cool/warm enough to not get over heated while running. I tried new workout clothes that were new and different out of my zone.

I also plan to try a new restaurant tonight. Not a big stretch for something that scare you. It's more trying something new and discovering something else I might like. A new place to eat and new foods to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment