Monday, October 22, 2012

It's not all about running..


I don't always run.. It's not about running all the time. I do other exercises, but I concentrate more on running because it's easier to see my progress. Last week I ran 44.5 miles total. That's about an average of what I normally run every week.

I never include the total time I spend lifting weights or doing other exercises such as rock climbing, biking, skiing, walking, hiking etc.. But I do those things too. They just aren't as easy to track!

I still would not say running is my favorite thing. I like a variety of ways to get exercise. I just know that running is what keeps me burning the most calories and has really changed my body. I know cross country skiing also had a big impact on my fitness, but I can't do that all year. I would love to but we just don't have the snow.

Today.. is another beautiful fall day. It's going to be in the mid 60's. Time to get outside and run.. put on more miles! Maybe go for a bike ride too.. 10 miles or so?



Race info...

Farmington time to beat (flat 4 miles) 26:15 or 6:34 per mile... (too fast for me!!)
Farmington 2nd place Time to beat flat  4 miles) 31:22 or 7:51 per mile
Rosemount time to beat(hilly 4 miles)  30:35 or 7:39 per mile

I can do the 7:39 per mile time.. or around there.. I know I would not be able to maintain a 6 min mile. My best 1 mile time was 6:39 on hills so too fast for me to run 4 miles at that pace!


No comments:

Post a Comment