Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I am obsessed!

I admit it.. I'm obsessed with running and reading about it. I go so far as to look up old race results in my age group, read peoples blogs about running that I don't even know. Look into running clubs and pour over up coming races and even think about my plan of attack for racing next year.

My latest thoughts are about splits. Not the splits you do with your legs but running splits/times per mile as you run. I have a watch that I can set to know how fast I run per mile. I just need to know where those mile markers are and how to record that info and retrieve it on my watch. Now I'm all excited to get out that watch manual and pour over it to figure it all out. I can do my cross ramp, and practice keeping track of my mile times and hopefully being able to get the info out of my watch without erasing it all.

There is also a Grand Prix running series where people get points for running certain races. It's according to your age group, where you place in that and the number of people participating all determine the number of points. Guess it's just another way to compare yourself to others. It's only $5 to sign up and you have to do at least 10 races thought a years time. I first need to join MDRA. Minnesota Distance running association. Being a student, I can be a yearly member for $20. I get a calendar of race events, a party in January and discounts with that membership. I am going to sign up! I am ready to do more with running!!!

Oh, and I now have a semi- costume for my Saturday Savage race. I bought a Halloween hello kitty shirt and I'll wear that until I warm up.. with a orange tank top and black running pants. Good to go!

I'm also doing a long 8 mile run today outside... one of the last nice 70*F days to enjoy. Just hope the rain stops and the sun decides to come out to dry up the roads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment